Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, December 4, 2009

Peek-a-boo baby



Happy and playful Elise

This past week alone, we’ve seen huge changes in Elise. She has become extremely playful. She smiles and laughs all the time and continues to test her voice and creeping skills. Playing peek-a-boo and reading to her have become my favorite activities. When I peek out from behind my hands, she laughs and shrieks hysterically and I’m convinced it’s the best sound in existence. Her signature noise is a darling little mellow squeal. She now makes this noise all the time when she gets excited. I love working to get laughs out of her. Each day it becomes less work and much more rewarding, as she is developing a very precious little personality.

More recently, I've started to read her a couple books each day. While I know she is still a bit young to fully understand, I enjoy watching her eyes light up when I read the words aloud and let her touch the pages. I mainly read her board books, with touch and feel pictures. She loves to touch all the pictures and hear mom make silly animal noises. This past week as I read to her, she started babbling along with me. It was the cutest thing imaginable. I can’t wait to hear what her first word will be.