Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, March 29, 2010

Nine-months-old and on the verge of toddlerhood

Nine-month-old Elise

The dishwasher never ceases to entertain

Elise turned nine-months-old yesterday. It’s hard to believe that our once tiny baby girl is now on the verge of becoming a toddler. At this point, it is difficult to keep up with all Elise's latest milestones. Each day, she learns something new and more of her personality shines through. She gestures, dances, climbs, plays independently, giggles and squirms in excitement, eats finger foods, chases the cat, gets into everything she shouldn't, and is on the verge of walking and talking. She continually surprises us with her strength and drive. She is becoming such an adorable little girl, both in appearance and personality.

Mom and dad are in agreement, that our favorite new milestone is her dancing! One day, out of nowhere, she just started swaying back and forth to her music. We would love to take credit for passing on our intrinsic rhythm, but anyone who has seen us dance knows that is NOT the case. Elise has her own natural rhythm and we just enjoy sitting back and encouraging her to develop new moves!

While Elise is 99% little angel, she does have her little stinker moments. In fact, she had her first mini-fit this week when I wouldn’t allow her to grab my plate of food. As I was eating she kept inching over and making her best attempts to snatch the plate right out from under me. I blocked her a few times until I finally had to put the plate up and out of sight. Elise yelled at the top of her lungs, fell to the ground and started kicking out her feet and flailing her arms. It was the funniest sight imaginable and the expression of frustration on her face was priceless. I was floored as it took me by complete surprise. Fortunately, I’m laughing at the moment…get back to me in a couple years and I’ll let you know if I'm still laughing.

Close to outgrowing her jumper

 Our messy little eater

99% little angel

I do have my moments of stinkerness :)