Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Nine week old Elise knows she has mom and dad wrapped!


"Don't make me cry!"


Elise is gradually delving into the art of manipulation. I think she may be aware how well trained she has mom and dad, because she now cries for our attention. I’ve learned this in trying to calm her during car rides. At first, I figured she just hated being restrained. Now I’ve learned that if I sit in the back next to her, she is perfectly fine and will not cry. Of course, I refuse to sit in the back with her every car ride as I want her to get accustomed to occasionally separating from us. She’s getting better at self-soothing, but she still loves to reward mom and dad with a smile when she gets her way!

We finally got Elise trained that the pacifier = sleep. I was completely against it in the beginning, but to be honest it has been a very helpful tool. She now has a tendency to lose her pacifier while she sleeps. Of course, she doesn’t realize it and continues sucking away in her sleep. It is so cute to watch her little puckered lips and mouth go with no pacifier in sight. Sometimes, I will sit over her bed and just watch her sleep. She looks like a perfect little angel, so peaceful and content. When she is fast asleep virtually no noise will wake her. Mom and dad wish they slept that well!

Elise has also been spoiled in having both grandma and nana come to watch her on weekdays. It has been extremely helpful for mom and dad as we’re able to get more work done. We feel so fortunate to have both sets of grandparents living so close, and we're beyond thankful for all their help!



Pondering her next move


Harnessing the power of the baby grin