Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Ten weeks along...Our little water baby!

Elise loves her baths

Elise just had her two month checkup. She now weights 11 lbs 9 oz and is 23 ½ inches long. She is in the 75th – 90th percentile for her weight and height measurements. Elise’s pediatrician even commented on how alert and healthy she is. We also discussed doing her first vaccinations and ultimately decided to wait until her next checkup. I couldn’t bear to give her the eight shots suggested. She is still so little right now and I figured waiting a few extra months won’t do any harm.

One thing Elise loves is her baths! Clint and I recently took some adorable photos of our little water baby. She smiles, coos, and sometimes even sticks out her tongue to taste the water. It is so funny watching her do this. Bath time has become a fun activity for mom and dad. Even when Elise is cranky and fussy her baths always seem to calm and relax her.


Smiling after her bath

After her baths, I enjoy swaddling her in her hooded pink bath towel. This is the only time she likes to be swaddled. Usually she kicks and pulls off all her blankets. I also love dressing her up and brushing her hair. She gets the cutest little ringlet curls after her bath, but they usually dry out to be straighter. I’ve had fun in my attempts to “style” her hair. After considerable effort, I finally got bows to stay in her hair! I have given her a single ponytail and pig tails. She has had a full head of hair since the day she was born, yet it is just now long enough, and filled in, to pull up in cute little bows.