Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 13, 2009

A celebration of all things three!


Daddy, Mommy & Elise - celebrating all things three!
3 months, 3 years and a family of 3


This week, mommy and daddy celebrated their three year wedding anniversary. Three years, a family of three, plus Elise turned three months old this week! We had grandma and Aunt Darcy babysit Elise, while we went out to dinner to celebrate our anniversary. It was the first time mom and dad got out together sans baby. Dad loved it, and mom couldn’t stop thinking about Elise. We had a great time, but I missed my little girl so much! I never realized leaving her at home, for more than a couple hours, would be so hard.

Our little three month old has now graduated to sleeping in her own room. For the first couple weeks after we brought her home, she slept in her portable baby bed positioned right smack in between mom and dad. I remember being so cautious and worried; I wanted her as close as humanly possible! She then moved on to sleeping in her baby bed, placed inside her playpen, next to mommy’s side of the bed. We’ve taken baby steps (no pun intended ha) in gradually moving her to the crib. It’s been quite difficult to do, as I love hearing her breathe and knowing she is close.

She woke up around 2-3 times the first few nights in her crib, though now she sleeps the entire night through. I sleep with the baby monitor adjacent to my ear, and some nights I turn up the volume, a bit more than usual, just to hear her little rhythmic breaths. It is soothing and puts mommy to sleep. I must admit, it’s been hard moving her to sleep in her own room. I thought I would have done this much sooner. I joked to Clint, “our baby is growing up too fast”, while puckering my bottom lip just like Elise. While I miss having her so close, I’m glad she has now adjusted to her crib. She is sleeping there much more comfortably and had completely outgrown her portable baby bed.



Little sleepyhead!


She is also starting to hone in her motor skills and use her little hands and feet. She began to uncurl her hands a few weeks back, but now she is discovering that she is in control of them. It is so thrilling to watch her awkwardly bat at objects, put her hand in her mouth, and begin to hold her toys. I can only imagine how it feels for her; a new world at her fingertips! I look forward to her grabbing and holding her toys. I also keep thinking about how amazing it will feel the first time she reaches up her arms for me to pick her up.






Elise multitasking :)