Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, January 22, 2010

New day, new milestone


Elise sitting up in her new and improved playroom

Turn your back for a second, and you may miss something incredible. This is exactly what happened to me last night. I set Elise down on the floor in the crawl position, then turned my back momentarily, and when I looked back she was sitting completely upright and staring straight up at me. I was surprised to say the least. I had no idea she was anywhere near being able to fully sit up on her own. I was so proud, that I ran to tell daddy, who was equally delighted. What an exciting acheivement for little Elise!

She is getting quicker and more agile with each passing day, and at this point we forsee her transitioning to a full-fleged rugrat within the next few weeks. In all her newfound mobility, she has become less interested in her own toys and instead gravitates towards new and different household objects. It’s almost as if she knows that these items are off limits and therefore they’re all the more captivating. This, in particular, applies to mom and dad’s items. Everything we have is much more fascinating than what she has, which subsequently results in her immediate desire to obtain whatever it is we are holding. Keys or cell phones will always trump any of her own toys, regardless of how brightly colored and appealing they may appear.

We find it amusing how inquisitive Elise has become. Even more so, we find it remarkable that she is now fully aware of the world beyond her grasp, and is beginning to show signs of her own personal preferences. She's a little stinker and we wouldn't have it any other way!


Watch out world...I can sit up on my own