Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Look what I can do!

Proud of her newest achievement

Elise just turned 7-months-old on Wednesday and she celebrated the occasion by standing up in her crib for the first time. A few days later, she discovered how to pull up her body and stand, balanced against the sofa and her favorite play table.

We find it nearly unbelievable, how much she's progressed in just the past month. She went from immobilty to full-fleged crawling and standing in less than a few weeks. I guess this should be expected, but as first time parents, Elise never ceases to amaze us with her rapid development. It's made us realize that the next few months are going to be full of new milestones and surprises; the only question now is whether we will be able to keep up with her! I already had to chase her down this morning, when she crawled toward my hair dryer cord and reached out her little hand ready to tug it off the countertop. I intercepted her just in time, but it had me thinking to myself that this is just the first of many quick saves. A curious little troublemaker is slowly emerging.

Is this the face of a future troublemaker? :)