Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Ringling Brothers & Barnum and Bailey Circus - The Girls First Circus Experience


Ringling Brother Barnum and Bailey Circus highlights

The circus performers

The circus elephants are the real stars of the show

The elephants were incredible

Elise loved watching the elephants

The human cannonball performer was fun to watch
 
 
 
I can still remember my first trip to the circus as a child. I was in a state of amazement throughout the entire performance. It was a magical experience, and I saw that same sense of thrill and excitement in my daughters eyes during their first circus experience a few weeks ago. They were in awe the entire time. In fact, I never imagined that two-year-old Alina would actually be captivated enough to sit through the entire performance, but she was. Ringling Brothers & Barnum and Bailey Circus has been around for nearly 100 years, and they have really perfected the art of entertainment. The show was over two-hours and there was never a dull moment. They seamlessly incorporate each performance segment, to keep you on the edge of your seat for the duration of the show. Elise preferred the animal segments much more than any other, but who can blame her, (I did too!).
 
I have to say that seeing the circus as adult, I was once again thoroughly entertained and impressed by the show. While I enjoyed the performances, and felt that intense amazement that I had perhaps unknowingly longed for all these years, it wasn't without a sense of guilt. Being older and wiser, I understand that such amazement does not come without intense pressure on the animals performing within the show. I am by no means an activist, but seeing elephants contort their bodies and balance their massive weight is both incredible, yet disconcerting. I can't say any bad things about the show; it was fantastic. I want to believe that the animals are treated well and that their conditions have dramatically improved due to more recent animal protection laws that have been put in place. Do I necessarily believe that? I don't know. I can only hope. They don't have a choice in performing yet they truly are the biggest stars of the show.
 
 
 
Acrobats, tight-rope walkers, and more
 
The poodle show was Alina's favorite

The circus tigers were amazing 

Circus tigers ready for their standing ovation

Clowns and acrobats

Ringling Brothers Barnum and Bailey Circus finale!