Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 20, 2010

7 1/2 months - Forget crawling...standing and walking is the future!

Crawling is for babies, I'd much rather stand!

Today, Elise crawled across the floor, grabbed my pantleg, pulled herself up to stand and then reached up for me to pick her up. It was adorable and worked like a charm. She reminds me of a little wind up baby when she crawls. She looks so cute moving across the floor in exploration. Elise now crawls out to find us anytime we leave the room. She often fusses while she’s crawling as if she’s thinking, “do I really have to do this?!?!". She is not too keen on crawling and instead prefers standing and walking while supporting herself. Every time we put her down, she will immediately find a means to pull herself up and stand. It makes us wonder if she will be taking her first steps sooner than expected! Dad predicts she will walk at 8 ½ months while mom says 9. Place your bets…we shall see.

Standing as usual

Mirrors + babies = endless entertainment

Some more exciting news, is that her top two teeth are finally cutting through. She was very fussy for the past week or so and kept biting down on just about everything she could find. In fact, just the other day she crawled up to the sofa, stood up and bit my leg! I let out a surprised yelp of pain and she responded by yelling back at me and then smiling, after that I couldn’t help but laugh!

Adorable little Elise at 7 1/2 months