Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sweet sixteen weeks - seeing the world from Elise's perspective


Elise's first pumpkin!


Elise is shaping up to be quite the weekend traveler! She no longer gets fussy during car rides, and instead falls asleep. This is great news for mom and dad! We tote her around with us almost every weekend, and she thoroughly enjoys being out and about. When we take her into stores, she loves to stare at all the lights and intently listen to the sounds around her.

This past weekend, we took her to the pumpkin patch. We posed her on a pumpkin about three times her size. The photo turned out absolutely adorable. She loved being outdoors and feeling the wind on her face. She stuck out her tongue and tried to taste it! It is so fun, watching her experience the world. Everything is new and exciting. More often than not, it’s the simplest things that captivate her. We enjoy being able to see things from her perspective now. She makes everyday routines exciting, because her reactions supply that much desired unexpected variable. Life with a baby is like living with a constant element of surprise. Good or bad, it always keeps you on your toes!

Some other exciting news to report, is that Elise has tranformed mommy into a morning person! I never thought this could possibly happen, but I am so thankful it has. I now look forward to every early morning with her. When she wakes up, she has the cutest little sleepy face, and every time I pick her up she closes her eyes, yawns and extends out her arms to the ceiling in her little morning stretch. I absolutely love it. I then feed her, and most mornings go straight to work with Elise by my side. However, every so often when I have a lighter work day, I take the opportunity to let Elise sleep on my chest during her morning nap. We both fall asleep together, just me cuddling my baby girl. When I wake up, with her in my arms, I feel so rewarded that I have the chance to do this every now and again. She is growing so fast, and I enjoy being able to take advantage of fleeting moments like these. One day, she will be too big to sleep on my chest, but she will never be too big to hold in my arms.