Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Current verdict on Elise's features: Daddy vs. Mommy

Does Elise look more like Daddy...




Daddy at 4 months old





Elise at 4 months old



...or mommy? You decide!




 

Mommy at 4 months

 





Elise again at 4 months


So far, almost all our friends and family think Elise looks like her daddy. I can definitely see the resemblance especially when I compare their baby photos. However, I did recently discover something funny; Elise looks just like mommy when she cries. I compared a photo of Elise and I as babies, both crying, and we look exactly the same. It's practically uncanny. I’m sure as she gets older, I will see more of me in her. But as of now I will have to settle for her looking like me when she cries haha.





Elise Crying




Baby photo of mommy crying

Honestly though, I really think she is the perfect combination of the two of us. She is growing to be such an adorable little girl. She has daddy’s hair, eyes, eyebrows, ears and head shape and mommy’s nose, lips/mouth and a bit of her chubby cheeks (though mine were twice as chubby as hers). She is still very petite, which she must get from Clint as mommy was a very chubby baby! Her hair keeps getting lighter and lighter. The roots are a light blonde and the ends are darker. I can tell that eventually it will turn all blonde. Her eyes are a dark blue color. Everyone always comments on how pretty and blue her eyes are. I think it is hard to say if they will stay blue, but they are definitely much lighter than when she was born so you never know.



Daddy with baby girl



Mommy with baby girl