Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, October 5, 2009

Celebrating mommy's birthday & looking back on the past year


The three of us in San Francisco

This week was mommy’s birthday. To celebrate, we took Elise on her first road trip to San Francisco! We brought both grandparents to spend the day with us. It was so much fun and little Elise enjoyed being surrounded by her family. She did very well on the trip. She was content for the majority of the day, and happy to experience all the new sights and sounds of the city.

The day after mom’s birthday trip, Elise got to celebrate even more as her mom and dad's favorite red-haired auntie and Starbucks lovin’ uncle (aka. Robin & Greg) came up, from Carlsbad, to visit her. It was a busy and fun filled weekend; complete with great friends and family visitors.


This week also marks a full year since I first found out I was pregnant! This time last year, October 14th to be exact, Clint and I were celebrating the exciting news. We had just got back from my birthday trip, to New York City, when we found out. The photo below, is of the two of us, in October of last year, at the top of the Rockefeller Center Building in NYC. Unbeknownst at the time, I was just a couple weeks pregnant with little Elise! So technically her very first trip was to New York City (haha).





My birthday last year in NYC - 2 wks pregnant!


It is amazing to think of all the changes we have gone through over the past year. I experienced all the highs, and occasional lows of pregnancy, we welcomed our baby daughter into the world, and have since been occupied caring for her and watching her grow. So much has happened; in many respects time has flown by, yet there have also been points where it simply stood still. I can’t even begin to count the number of days I felt as if I would be pregnant forever! Yet, now that Elise is here and developing so quickly I feel like her first nine months will breeze by in relation to those of my pregnancy. Of course the anticipation and uncertainty is what draws out pregnancy.

Ever since Elise’s birthday, I feel like I can’t keep up with everything Elise related in my life. I have tons of photos and videos to organize and upload, and I am doing my best to keep up with her baby book and journal. I feel swamped under this entirely new expanse of my to-do list. All I can say is thank goodness for the video camera. I have been saving time by doing short video updates on all new Elise related developments. She is keeping mom super busy, but of course I enjoy every moment of it.




The best birthday gift;
sharing the day with my two loves