Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Duck, Duck...Geese

Feeding the ducks and geese at Land Park


After our fun day at the zoo, we took the girls over to William Land Park to feed the ducks and geese. This is probably one of their most favorite things to do and they love the opportunity to get up close with the friendly geese (the ducks don't play that). We just sit back and watch the girls run, giggle, laugh and relish in endless entertainment. I swear that they could do this all day and be perfectly content. The ducks and geese, on the other hand, move on quick once the food runs out. 

The best part of all this, is that it brings me back to when I was a kid and my grandparents took my brother and I to the duck pond. It was undoubtedly the highlight of our day. Feeding the ducks and geese never got old back then. Then one day, when I was around 12, I decided it just wasn't exciting anymore, so I quickly crossed it off my activity list and never looked back, until now. Seeing how much the girls love this brings all those special memories and moments back. It will be bittersweet when the day comes that they no longer want to go feed the ducks and geese, but I will always have these memories and the pleasure of knowing that both the girls (and mom and dad) will get the chance to relive our youth once again through their children. Shout out to the next generation!



Getting up close with the friendly geese